Date: 09/01/2020. Closing Date: 07/02/2020
We are currently looking to recruit a Specifications Manager to increase the sales of Optima branded rainscreen systems and related products through the specification route to market within our facades business unit.
Working specifically within the southern territory, you will form part of a wider, high forming Specifications team, challenged to increase our presence across the market whilst driving forward and supporting the Sotech Specification Strategy.
Key Responsibilities within this role will include: –
- Work with architects, specifiers, main contractors and installers within the area, with a view to having products specified/approved and to ensure all sales opportunities are met.
- Provide design advice and technical calculations to specifiers, to write clear, concise and accurate specifications.
- Establishing relationships with key contacts within the industry, ensuring that Sotech Optima brands are always front-of-mind.
- Play a creative role in the development of products, services and literature offered by Sotech.
- Liaising with sales teams to ensure written specifications are generated into product sales as per the specification document.
- Interrogating and acting upon specification leads supplied and assisting in the development of a specification plan
- Researching and suggesting new mediums for specification leads.
- Representing Sotech at exhibitions and seminars.
- Develop the company’s profile to maintain its position as a vital tool in the rainscreen cladding market.
- Ensure efficient tracking of projects/leads to ensure every effort is made to secure the specification through use of the CRM.
- Develop and perform RIBA activity (CPD seminars) as required.
- Networking with internal contacts to ensure the full opportunity is understood and maximised.
To be successful you will: –
- Sotech have committed to exhibition space at the Building Centre in London where our rainscreen systems will be on display. The area can be a base for meetings and you should encourage architects/clients to visit.
- Demonstrate track record in specification sales to architects, ideally have existing relationship with architects
- Be educated to degree standard or qualified through appropriate levels of experience.
- Have significant experience of specification management of a major cladding products.
- Possess a commercial approach to business and the ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of the company and its operational and sales procedures.
- Be IT literate with the ability to prepare reports and presentations, analysing and disseminating information in a clear and concise manner under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
Sotech is committed to being, an inclusive employer and strives to achieve the right work-life balance for our employees. Therefore, we will always be happy to discuss flexible working arrangements wherever this is possible for the role. If you currently have flexible working arrangements or would like to move to flexible arrangements, then we are happy to talk about this during the recruitment process
To apply: –
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter and to Claire Ryan
Sotech Architectural Façade Systems