Sotech’s commitment to sustainability
The built environment contributes around 40% of the UK’s total carbon footprint. the impact on climate change is proving to have a disastrous effect on the environment.
Sotech has persevered to engage in our commitment sustainability, we believe we must help build a world that will improve the lives of future generations. We are aiming to achieve The Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment 2030 through our supply chain, and continuously strive to find innovative ways to meet these targets for a more sustainable future.
Sotech team is committed to sustainability and that means taking care of the environment, developing sustainable practises and ensuring they are executed across the entirety of our day to day operations.
Wherever possible, we seek to minimise waste, promote recycling, reduce energy consumption and emissions, and work with suppliers and contractors who have sound, effective environmental policies.
We work to improve our environmental performance regularly, by setting annual objectives and targets which are published to all Sotech staff, and monitored and reviewed on a regular basis. To achieve these objectives and improve performance, we have implemented and accredited an environmental management system to meet the requirements of ISO 14001:2004.
BREEAM Excellent Rating for the Commercial Areas of the Ferry Lane Development
Sotech was approached by OCL Facades to assist in designing three new faCade systems for Ferry Lane, an £110m project that regenerates the former Ferry Lane Industrial Site along Walthamstow’s High Maynard Reservoir, into an environmentally-sensitive, high-quality and sustainable Build to Rent development.
Sotech’s element of the project is due for completion in March 2019 and CWCT testing has been carried out on the three bespoke cladding systems to confirm the suitability of the rainscreen cladding build up.
Designed to achieve Home Quality Mark Level 2, achieve energy savings 36 percent below Part L 2013, and meet BREEAM Excellent for the commercial areas, the project stays true to its sustainable aims.
We are very proud to be involved in Legal & Generals flagship ‘Build to Rent’ development with OCL Facades, who will be carrying out the Metsec, Curtain Walling and the Sotech Bespoke Aluminium Cladding.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
- Overall 99.5% of ALL materials supplied by Sotech are fully recyclable – with no loss of quality.
- We ensure compliance with current legislation in relation to our products, processes and activities.
- We promote energy, waste and pollution prevention efforts, such as recycling arrangements wherever practicable.
- We review our Environmental Policy regularly and set clear objectives to keep the business focused on improvements.
- All employees undergo environmental training during induction, we also raise environmental awareness through training programmes and updates.
We work closely with our customers to ensure transport and logistics are utilised.
- We have ongoing investment and improvement in recycling, reduction in waste and saving energy.
- We use the best state of the art software and hardware to minimise pointless waste of raw materials.
- We use fully recyclable materials and packaging that can be collected from site and reused or recycled
- We fully recycle waste oil and all of our general waste is officially 0% landfill and used for energy production
- We invested in renewable/low energy lighting systems, saving upto 80% of the electricity used.