400m2 Optima TFC & 230m2 Window Panels 3mm Aluminium J57S UP in United Anodisers Anolok 543 has been used in the completion of Project Vita.
The 323-bedroom student accommodation, located in the heart of Nottingham city centre, is split into three tiered towers of six, eight and 10 storeys, each housing 319 apartments.
The £24 million project includes the construction of a new student accommodation complex, with almost 6,000 sq. ft. designated as communal hub space for collaboration and socialising. There is also a coffee bar, separate study rooms and private bookable lounges.
The project had numerous complexities, as it is surrounded by listed buildings in the Nottinghamshire Canal and towpath, the Tram viaduct and it fronts onto Station Street.
Project name: Vita
Sector: Student Accommodation
Installer: Metclad Contracts
Main Contractor: Morgan Sindall
Architect: Fuse Studios
Finish: United Anodisers, Anolok 543
Benefits of Optima TFC+
The Optima TFC+ rainscreen has been developed as an economical alternative to a complete secret fix rainscreen cladding. The cost effective rainscreen solution requires discreet colour match wafer head fixings in the vertical panel recesses. Superior manufacturing techniques ensure accuracy of panel’s size and form leaving even recesses and cruciform of pristine appearance.
- The system has been independently tested and certified to meet CWCT rigorous specification for rainscreen cladding.
- This drained and ventilated system consists of a baffle-jointed series of panels
- Creates a weather shield in front of a primary structure.
- Mechanical fixing methods and no use of adhesives, providing true A1 and A2 cladding systems.
- Discreet fixings in the vertical panel recess, the engineering of the system retains the benefits of a drained and ventilated façade.
- Superior manufacturing techniques ensure there will be no build-up of metal thickness at the cruciform joint.
- Optima TFC+ is engineered to seamlessly integrate with all other building façade elements such as windows, doors and louvres.
- All fixings used in the systems are stainless steel.
- Fire tested to BS8414-2:2015, and classified to BR135 for high rise buildings.
- Full range of Euroclass A1 and A2 – s1,d0 panel materials from 2mm – 4mm
- NBS specifications available tailored to your project.
SPEAK TO AN EXPERT
If you require advice with design detail, assistance with a specification or to discuss your project in detail contact our technical department who have over 35 years’ experience in the construction industry. The team is on hand to provide knowledge and support at every stage of your project.